Last week, the first Chrome Canary build based on Chromium 79, and Edge Dev was also expected to switch to a new engine. It also happened. As explained by Microsoft, this is just the beginning of work on the main version of Edge 79, which is why there are not so many changes this week. However, it is worth noting the most important ones.
Microsoft Edge Dev – new in build 79.0.279.0
- Static certificate pinning enabled, originally available in Chrome.
- A keyboard shortcut has been added to mute cards on Mac devices.
- Added support for words with a hyphen (-) when searching for individual words on the intranet.
Microsoft Edge Dev – stability improvements in build 79.0.279.0
- An issue where the device hangs when watching DRM protected video, e.g. Netflix, has been resolved.
- An issue with pages crashing when watching some videos has been resolved.
- An issue with spills when reading out loud has been resolved.
- An issue has been resolved when searching the site using Ctrl + F and highlighting items.
- An issue with launching Application Guard sessions has been resolved.
- An issue with navigation in the Application Guard windows has been resolved.
Microsoft Edge Dev – bug fixes in build 79.0.279.0
- An issue has been resolved where context menus were not showing content correctly.
- An issue has been resolved with pop-up self-suggestions on fields where it should not.
- An issue has been resolved where collections were deleted in one Edge window, which did not delete them in the other windows.
- An issue has been resolved where the translation pop-up menu did not have a close button.
- Issues with adding and removing words from the spelling dictionary have been resolved.
- An issue has been resolved where the keyboard shortcut that opens the download page, which in IE would open downloads from "normal" Edge mode.
- An issue has been resolved where the IE download page would sometimes not open in the foreground.
- An issue has been resolved where pages in IE mode were installed as applications whose icons sometimes did not display correctly.
- An issue has been resolved where the new tab button was not visible if the Aero theme was used in Windows 7.
- An issue with the loading spinner that unexpectedly appeared on items in the collection has been resolved.
We can update the browser by opening the "…" menu> Settings> About Microsoft Edge. Then wait for the download to finish and start it again.
Hello my name is Karl, I’m from Germany 🙂 you will find here alot of information about cryptocurrencies, especially bitcoin, some information about software for windows, reviews about social media and other usefull stuff ! 🙂 hope you will like that.