This week we had to wait even shorter for the new Edge Dev build, because only until Tuesday. In the update we get improvements to Collection and import settings, a new place with a dark theme and a set of stability and performance patches. Several things have also been removed. Importantly, this is the last update of the main version 78, so there are quite a lot of patches.
Microsoft Edge Dev – new in build 78.0.276.2
- The ability to open all Collection items in new tabs has been added.
- Added support for a dark theme on the edge: // components page.
- A management policy has been added for importing settings from another browser.
Microsoft Edge Dev – stability improvements in build 78.0.276.2
- Edge update issue resolved – "failed to cache the downloaded installer" was displayed.
- An issue has been resolved that failed to print pages because the print preview would freeze while loading.
- An issue with dragging favorites on their site has been resolved, which sometimes led to crash.
- An issue has been resolved when using InPrivate.
- An issue with crashes when rotating PDFs has been resolved.
- An issue has been resolved where browsers would crash when using keyboard shortcuts when pop-ups are open.
- Improved reliability when playing DRM protected video.
- An issue with starting an Application Guard session has been resolved.
- An issue with page crashes after quickly clicking page controls has been resolved.
- An issue with browser crashes when the system data collection level has been changed has been resolved.
Microsoft Edge Dev – improvements in build 78.0.276.2
- An issue has been resolved where the browser interface would not disappear, e.g. video controls, when watching video on some pages.
- An issue has been resolved where tiles for frequently used pages on the new tab page that displayed pages other than the one they were linking to were displayed.
- An issue with the translation on some pages has been resolved.
- An issue with the translation message not displaying when the page is translated has been resolved.
- An issue with scrolling on touch screens has been resolved.
- An issue with the wrong size / shape of the card close button has been resolved.
- An issue has been resolved where the application was opened twice after clicking its link on the Applications page.
- An issue has been resolved where the Shift + Enter shortcut would not work to launch an installed page or application on the Applications page.
- An issue has been resolved where the eye icon could be viewed, which sometimes displayed twice.
- An issue has been resolved where the wrong color was pasted into Collections.
- An issue on the Mac has been resolved – dragging and dropping an image into the Collection sometimes saved a link instead of an image.
- An issue on Macs has been resolved – using the Touch Bar to scroll through full-screen video sometimes didn't change the time properly.
- An issue has been resolved on Macs – some buttons did not change state when the browser lost focus.
- An issue with the translation of some settings has been resolved.
- An issue with non-localized strings in F12 development tools has been resolved.
- An issue has been resolved where the favorites icon and the loading spinner appeared simultaneously.
Microsoft Edge Dev – features removed in build 78.0.276.2
- The flag has temporarily turned off the display of site information after hovering.
- Removed the ability to import favorites within an Application Guard session.
Hello my name is Karl, I’m from Germany 🙂 you will find here alot of information about cryptocurrencies, especially bitcoin, some information about software for windows, reviews about social media and other usefull stuff ! 🙂 hope you will like that.