Microsoft today released another package of patches for older, last year's version of Windows 10, October 2018 Update (1809 Build 17763.832) and April 2018 Update (1803 Build 17134.1099). They contain a set of necessary bug fixes, and for users of April Update this is the last update, because support for this version of the Tenth ends next month. Both versions of the system received the same set of patches, the list of which can be found below:
- An issue with the appearance of empty tiles on the Start menu has been resolved. These empty tiles can have names such as "ms-resource: AppName" or "ms-resource: appDisplayName".
- An issue causing high power consumption in Connected Standby has been resolved.
- Addresses an issue that prevents users from reconnecting or logging into the Windows virtual desktop because of orphaned database connectors from a previous user session.
- Updated time zone information for Norfolk Island, Australia.
- Fiji Islands time zone information updated.
- An issue has been resolved that does not index Microsoft Outlook items correctly, resulting in incomplete search query results on Windows virtual desktops.
- Addresses an issue that causes Windows Machine Learning (WinML) to report an unhandled exception when the graphics card driver times out.
- An issue that could prevent a scroll bar from being selected when the ActiveX control implements the CScrollView class has been resolved. This happens when you move the Internet Explorer browser window, which then moves the scroll bar to the left.
- The access control list (ACL) check for known folders has been improved to prevent a black screen from appearing when users log in for the first time after installing a feature or quality update.
- An issue has been resolved that causes Microsoft SharePoint file names to not display correctly in the Quick Access and Recent Items folders.
- An issue with Bluetooth that occurs when using certain audio profiles for a long time has been resolved.
- An issue has been resolved that causes the Win32_LogonSession class request request for StartTime to display the epoch value (for example, 1-1-1601 1:00:00) instead of the actual logon time.
- An issue with processing diagnostic data has been resolved when the device was set to Diagnostic Data and set to Basic.
- An issue with Windows Ecosystem Compatibility Assessment has been resolved to ensure application and device compatibility for all Windows updates.
- An issue has been resolved that prevents netdom.exe from displaying the new delegation bit for granting a TGT ticket.
- An issue has been resolved where Microsoft AppLocker may prevent the application from starting or logging a false error instead of starting the application.
- An issue has been resolved that causes Windows Defender (WDAC) application control policies to be too restrictive when the WDAC Group Policy setting is enabled for either script enforcement or restricted language mode.
- An issue has been resolved that does not include the full file shortcut as an event log entry when auditing events for WDAC.
- An issue that may cause high CPU usage when many windows are open and the Background Application Manager launches periodic background scans has been resolved. In addition, the desktop may stop responding. To disable this scan, set the following registry key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer BamThrottling
- An issue has been resolved that causes applications that use change notifications on named streams to have a memory leak in the IRP input and output kernel mode.
- Addressed issue that prevents users from opening the print dialog in Internet Explorer to print a web page.
- The ability to assign access restrictions to removable drives has been added.
- An issue that causes a printing error from 32-bit applications with the "Access denied" error after selecting Run as another user for the application has been resolved.
- Addressed issue that could cause error 0x1E, 0xA, or 0x50 during block cloning operations on a Resilient File System (ReFS) volume.
- An issue with the GUI offline graphical user interface has been resolved.
- An issue has been resolved that causes the Settings application to stop working after changing the theme.
- An issue with reliability in Windows Server 2019 Hyper-V host clusters that are managed using System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM) has been resolved.
- An issue has been resolved with Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) queries that contain "memberof" in the filter. Queries end with error "000020E6: SvcErr: DSID-0314072D, problem 5012 (DIR_ERROR), data 8996".
- An issue that consumes all dynamic ports of the Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) has been resolved. As a result, network communication will fail for any protocol or operation that uses dynamic ports.
- An issue has been resolved with applications and scripts that call the NetQueryDisplayInformation interface or equivalent WinNT provider and may incorrectly return results. After requesting additional results pages, you may receive the error "1359: internal error occurred".
- An issue has been resolved that prevents computers from being added to local groups by using the "Local Users and Groups" Group Policy preferences. The Group Policy Editor returns the error message: "The selected object does not match the target source type. Select again. "
- An issue has been resolved between the volume mount process (in fileinfo.sys) and deregistration of filter notifications that causes the operating system to stop working on some virtual machines. The error code is "0x7E".
- An issue has been resolved where the Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) certificate is renewed and published by default every year, but the client does not use them, resulting in an authentication error.
- An issue has been resolved where files stored in Cluster Shared Volume (CSV) with an alternate data stream are still present after attempting to delete them. You may also receive a "access denied" message the next time you try to access or delete files.
- An issue that may result in error 0x50 while performing a backup operation has been resolved.
Hello my name is Karl, I’m from Germany 🙂 you will find here alot of information about cryptocurrencies, especially bitcoin, some information about software for windows, reviews about social media and other usefull stuff ! 🙂 hope you will like that.