As every week, a new Microsoft Edge update is available in the Dev channel. Of all the novelties, Microsoft has devoted special attention to two: blocking autoplay multimedia and additional options for personalizing the new tab page.
The setting blocking autoplay can be found on the page EDGE: // settings / content / mediaAutoplay or simply by going to Website Permissions> Media AutoPlay. We can specify here whether audio and video are played automatically on the pages. While in Settings, we can also check the status of protection against tracking. The new Edge now offers a list of blocked tracking modules, i.e. trackerswhich can be found in Settings> Privacy and services. There, an Exceptions section has been added that allows us to allow tracking on selected sites.
As for the new card page, it contains four new products that users have asked for. First, it supports the dark theme. Then we can scroll through the previous images of Bing day using the arrows in the lower left corner of the page. After scrolling down, you'll see more personalization options. The fourth news is that if we do not want to see content from Microsoft News, then … we do not have to. There was an option to turn off the message.
Additional changes to Microsoft Edge Dev in update 79.0.287.2 include:
- Re-add a request to allow / deny sites access to locations if they ask for it, and this setting is disabled globally at Windows level.
- The font size can be changed in Reading View.
- Support for the middle mouse button (clicks of the knob) for Collection items.
- Addition tooltip (clouds with full text) for longer titles of Collection items.
- Adding an error message when another program is blocking Edge before installing the update.
- Added code integrity check rules.
In addition to this, as always, Microsoft has added a handful of stability, reliability and performance improvements.
Hello my name is Karl, I’m from Germany 🙂 you will find here alot of information about cryptocurrencies, especially bitcoin, some information about software for windows, reviews about social media and other usefull stuff ! 🙂 hope you will like that.